AttoEPC is an Evolved Packet Core (EPC) providing packet switched services and voice services over LTE, supporting:
- PS data
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Third-party HSS integration, using Diameter
- The option of an internal HSS
- Intra-MME handover
- Multiple eNodeBs
- Web-based management
There is an embedded variant called eCore, a software-only variant called xCore, a cloud variant called cCore and a hardware variant called hCore.
|Product||Supported eNodeBs||Supported UEs||Variant|
|hCore||100||Unlimited||1U, IP67 chassis|
eCore supports one eNodeB and an unlimited  number of UEs. eCore is optimised for a small foot print in an embedded environment, with ease of operation. It’s single executable fits neatly into an embedded environment and it has logging and management options to suit.
xCore supports a licensed number of eNodeBs and an unlimited number of UEs. xCore is compiled for x86 64-bit Linux with other variations available on request. xCore is equally at home as a standalone application or with other applications running. Like a virtual machine, xCore includes it’s own copies of system files, making it agnostic to the runtime environment.
hCore is a hardware based variant, packaged and ruggedised; running in a 1U blade that is IP67 compliment, supporting up to 100 eNodeBs and an unlimited number of UEs. hCore can be pre-configured to integrate seamlessly into your existing network, out of the box or it can be pre-configured as a network in a box, using a local HSS.
cCore is a cloud based variant. It can be hosted in your cloud or ours. cCore supports a licensed number of eNodeBs. cCore automatically monitors resource loading and can automatically request additional resources where needed. cCore includes automatic load balancing, fail-over and restart logic, for continued service availability; particularly suiting the horizontal scalability of Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
All the core product conform to:
- 3GPP TS 24.008 – Core network protocols
- 3GPP TS 24.301 – NAS protocol for EPS
- 3GPP TS 29.274 – GTP-c
- 3GPP TS 29.281 – GTP-u
- 3GPP TS 24.007 – Mobile radio interface signalling layer 3 – General Aspects
- 3GPP TS 36.413 E-UTRA; S1 Application Protocol (S1AP)
- 3GPP TS 36.412 E-UTRA; S1 Signaling Transport
- 3GPP TS 36.414 E-UTRA; S1 Data Transport
- 3GPP TS 33.102 – 3G Security – Security Architecture
- 3GPP TS 33.401 – 3GPP Security Architecture Evolution – Security architecture
- 3GPP TS 35.206 – Milenage Algorithm Specification – key generation functions f1, f1*, f2, f3, f4, f5 and f5*
- 3GPP TS 55.205 – Milenage Algorithm Specification – Authentication and Key Generation functions A3 and A8
- ETSI – Specification of the 3GPP Confidentiality and Integrity Algortihms UEA2 and UIA2 – UEA2 and UIA2 Specification
- ETSI – Specification of the 3GPP Confidentiality and Integrity Algortihms UEA2 and UIA2 – SNOW 3G Specification
 Note unlimited UE support is not licensed by number but limited only by the physical hardware.