Internet of Things
NB-IoT and LTE-M are the 3GPP standards for IoT; delivering cheap IoT devices, with 10-year battery lives and global coverage.
Many of the major mobile operators are planning on updating their macro network to support IoT but there are many use cases where private IoT networks provide significant benefits. The evolved AttoEPC provides a private IoT network in a single box.
- Private networks can provide services in remote locations not covered by the macro network.
- Private networks can provide services in regions where IoT has not been rolled out by the network operators.
- Private networks can improve the security of your data. Your data can remain on your site without crossing the Internet.
- For high bandwidth applications, private networks can be set up to deliver the required throughput.
- For indoor applications, private networks can be used to ensure coverage even in inaccessible underground locations.
Private IoT networks can also be used in many test scenarios.
- Private IoT networks can be used while developing IoT devices and applications.
- Private IoT networks can be used during the manufacturing test of IoT devices to ensure they are fully working when they roll off the production line.
- Private IoT networks can be used for cyber-testing; validating that an IoT device and application do not send any unexpected data to unexpected places.
The evolved AttoEPC will support these applications and more. Contact us for more information.